Job Summary: Responsible for developing communications for our Washington Apple grower and shipper members, international representatives, media and other audiences to increase brand awareness and link international promotional programs to industry sales efforts.
Company Description: The Washington Apple Commission is dedicated to serving the Washington apple industry by increasing consumer demand through innovative marketing and promotions in international markets. Our current staff of six work together to organize the functions of 12 international marketing campaigns on behalf of the 1,260 apple growers in Washington State. The Commission values community, family and diplomacy. The workspace environment is harmonious and productive. We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write, design and distribute monthly grower newsletter to membership.
- Weekly Shipment Reports to International Representatives, Foreign Trade Committee and WAC Board of Directors
- Social Media –Develop social media strategy and create engaging content for social media posts on all platforms.
- Export Marketing Support – Assist Export staff in international marketing campaign selections, PR activities and international social media.
- Digital Outreach Communication – Coordinate digital communications with International Representatives, Industry members and other audiences as needed.
- Press / Other Media Outlets – Spokesperson for media calls, local broadcasts, general phone inquiries. Write press releases/WAC updates for media/industry publications.
- Website content – Keep website current, relevant and up to date.
- Monitor promotional activity and use data for purposeful reporting to stakeholders.
- Review Monthly Reports and Activity Plans from Reps to distribute to Industry.
- Create/Distribute Annual Reports to membership and industry.
- Conduct “Meet Your Grower” interviews and publish on website and social media.
- Implement Washington Apple brand style across all outreach and promotional materials.
- Prepare presentation materials for key stakeholder meetings including Board Meeting and Foreign Trade Committee
- Take minutes at stakeholder meetings for record and distribution.
- Perform other duties as needed or directed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field is required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in communications development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including Public Speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Working knowledge of digital content management systems (WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Possess an upbeat and enthusiastic personality.
- Team player with a service-oriented mindset.
- Ability to measure and monitor website traffic using Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in Adobe Software: InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with apple industry is a plus.
- Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB program): Medical, Vision and Dental coverage, Life Insurance coverage, Long-term Disability Insurance
- Washington State Retirement Program (Pension Plan)
- State Deferred Compensation Plan (401K Contribution)
- Respectful and pleasant workplace environment
If Interested in Applying: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13, 2022. In your cover letter, please describe your experience with the qualifications listed above detailing your specific skills that would be an asset to the Washington Apple Commission in this Communication role.